Given the importance of making it as high as possible in Search Engine Results Pages, businesses in every niche take Search Engine Optimization very seriously. Search Engine Journal reported back in 2012 that 75% of users never go past the first page of SERPs. That’s how powerful SEO is, which is why companies ranging from marketing agencies to law firms are striving hard to align their SEO with their overall goals for online marketing.
This can be quite difficult for businesses that have little to do with actual online marketing, such as accounting and law firms. Nevertheless, it’s critical to build an online presence, which goes hand in hand with finding success online. Here are some basic tips for aligning law firm search engine optimization with what law firms need to do online: build a trustworthy reputation.
- Target the right keywords through expert content - “Thin” content, as Google calls it, doesn’t work. Most of the time, however, in a bid to grow a collection of content that targets the right keywords to run higher in SERPs, business websites may resort to thin content that’s full of fluff. For law firm search engine optimization, as the reputation is much a priority as the SERP ranking, thin content should never be an option, and all content must be alloyed with expertise and professionalism.
- Do link building at the same time as context building - As the content builds, law firm websites will need to link out to other relevant websites and build their own external inbound links. While doing so, ensuring context building practices like using targeted keywords in anchor texts or guest blogging for other sites can come in handy. These practices help build link equity, which bolsters SERP ranking quite well due to influencing PageRank.
- Focus on expertise and in-depth, “personal” advice on content marketing - “Personal” advice comes in two fronts: advice pertaining and relevant to the personal circumstances of the audience, and advice that comes from a member of the law firm personally. This “personal” content proves expertise and provides a helping hand, building the reputation of the law firm, all the while bolstering the content of the website and its SEO.
- Engage the social media crowd as a helpful, professional expert - Law firm search engine optimization does not begin and end with search engines and content. As content syndication is a powerful way to spread website content throughout the web for audiences to discover, social media — an effective platform for syndication ad sharing — helps the SEO effort along greatly. Beyond that, however, social media is a hub of potential “influencers;” people who help spread word of mouth about a website or brand. Take advantage of these traits of social media and engage the social crowd as a helpful, professional law firm whenever spreading content.
- Nurture relationships, not just leads - With the advent of marketing automation and likewise automated lead nurturing, sometimes businesses forget that all leads and potential customers, and as customers these people are looking to build a fruitful relationship with the company. Treat each and every lead generated from law firm seo as a relationship that should be cared for closely.
Indeed, law firm search engine optimization is just one facet of online marketing, and it should be aligned with reputation building.
Mike Thompson wants to learn a little bit about Law Firm SEO and how it can be used to its full effects in the online marketing industry.